Guido Neitzer wrote:
On 08.01.2008, at 23:20, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

That isn't really an extensibility argument.

I was thinking about that too - for me, it still is just an outstanding issue with PostgreSQL. It is incredibly scalable on one machine but it totally sucks when you want more, but not much more.

There are OS level things you can do here.

But if you need something easy to setup, multi-master with just two machines, easy fail-over (done in the JDBC driver) without your application even noticing it - try it.

http://www.continuent.org/HomePage

It's free, but not open source. And it's a good product. I use it for some stuff and PostgreSQL for other projects. Just depends on the requirements.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

cug