Yes. I'm sure that we are using LATIN1 on both. ServerA works, but ServerB not.
We changed the local of ServerA(as it is a testing server) the same as ServerB,
but ServerA still works. Quite strange.

Pavel Stehule <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hello

> Are you sure you're using LATIN1 on both?
>
> js=# \l
>          List of databases
>     Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
> -----------+----------+----------
>   js        | cww      | UTF8
>   test      | cww      | LATIN1
> [ ...snip... ]
>
> js=# SELECT lower('ÉÈ');
>   lower
> -------
>   éè
> (1 row)
>
> js=# \c test
> You are now connected to database "test".
> test=# SELECT lower('ÉÈ');
>   lower
> -------
>   ÉÈ
> (1 row)
>
> It seems the UTF8 database performs lower() correctly, but the LATIN1
> database does not.
>
> Colin

when database uses different encoding, than is specified in cluster's
initialization, then lower, upper doesn't work.

Pavel

       match

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new  Yahoo! Canada Messenger for
the Web BETA