On Jan 31, 2008, at 4:28 AM, Aaron Glenn wrote:

CARP *and* pfsync.
this late at night off the top of my head I can't see any blatantly
obvious reason this wouldn't work (with at least pgpool that is, dunno
about your data)

we use CARP to balance and failover some webserver pairs. We also use it to balance our internal DNS caches to our internal clients. The only drawback is that once you pass a router, all traffic from that router will go to a single CARP host -- ie, you get failover but no balance.

Other than that, it makes upgrading systems nearly invisible to the other servers. For critical things like DNS, this is a big win.

              http://archives.postgresql.org/