On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Robert Pepersack
<rpepers...@mdinsurance.state.md.us> wrote:

> My agency has a contractor that created a PostgreSQL database that he calls
> "object-oriented".

I might be incorrect in my thinking about what makes PostgreSQL
"Object-Relational", but my understanding is that table inheritance is
the feature that behind this claim.

Basically its horizontal table partitioning with a few nice features added.

> When I asked about it, he said that it's because PostgreSQL is an
> "object-oriented database".  I'm very skeptical.

I would be skeptical too.  You can't point the finger at PostgreSQL
for a person's good or bad choice in schema design.
--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug