John wrote:
Hi,
I have a development DB and a production DB. I need a way to sync the changes I make to the stucture in the devel DB to the production DB. I found pgdiff but can't get it to work. I would like a solution that would work on windows and linux. But I'll take either alone.
postgres 8.3
openSUSE 11.0
windows XP/vista

we make our changes via .sql files, and always keep in parallel a 'new database' .sql file that creates the schema from scratch, and a 'delta' SQL file which updates from one released version to the next. these .sql files live in our source code control, along with the applications. We do _not_ diddle the development environment schema interactively, except for experiments on a scratch copy.