Hi, from postgesql features list mentioned at
http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/features84.html, I came to know that
it is possible to grant column level permissions.

PostgreSQL is "the most secure by default" and part of that is making
security tools easy to use. 8.4 makes our existing connection and access
control more flexible and simpler to understand.
Column-Level Permissions DBAs can now grant permissions (SELECT, UPDATE) on
specific columns as well as on entire tables. This makes it easier to secure
sensitive data in your database.
Could anyone please give me the example of how to grant column level
permissions? Basically, I want to give permissions to set of
users(user-group) to only couple of columns in my table.

Thanks,
Dipti