Yup. I read it and tired couple of ways but couldn't figured out how to
specify column names. It gives me below error message and hence, I asked for
the example.

GRANT { { SELECT | INSERT | UPDATE | REFERENCES } ( *column* [, ...] )
    [,...] | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] ( *column* [, ...] ) }
    ON [ TABLE ] *tablename* [, ...]
    TO { [ GROUP ] *rolename* | PUBLIC } [, ...] [ WITH GRANT OPTION ]

techdb=# grant select(column['description']) ON techtable TO user1;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "column"
LINE 1: grant select(column['description']) ON techtable TO user1;
                     ^

Thanks,
Dipti.