On 12/01/2010 11:16 PM, ma...@manfbraun.de wrote:

The othing thing is, that I need some internally running procedures, which
do some work. On Sql Server, I can use "auto-start stored procedures".
Is there anything like this in postgresql, or what can I do?

There is no built-in scheduler at present. Use PgAgent.

There's been talk of integrating PgAgent into core, or at least some enhancements to core to let it run without needing an external daemon.

And, is it just possible, to put a message to the syslog and with
my own identification string?

I'm not aware of a syslog module, but it'd be handy to have and it'd be pretty simple to write as a C extension.

Usually people use 'RAISE NOTICE' to report to the database's logging.

--
Craig Ringer