Hi Samba,

  first: do not worry, it is perfectly normal.

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:25:14 +0530, Samba <saas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm seeing some weired errors in the postgres logs after upgrading to
postgres-9.1(.3) about the schema added by default to search patch

 WARNING:  invalid value for parameter "search_path": "system_data"
DETAIL:  schema "system_data" does not exist

We do have a user named "system_data" and a schema with the same
name...

A schema is something that belongs to a database.

You have just set the search_path for a specific user ("system_data") to include "system_data" (am I right?). However, a user can theoretically connect to any database on the instance.

The error above is generated when you connect with that user ("system_data") to a database that does not have the "system_data" schema.

Please let me have more information if my assumption were wrong.

Cheers,
Gabriele

Tip/Note: by default, search_path is set to search in the "$user" and public schemas. Therefore, if you connect using the "system_data" user, you do not need to force searching in that schema.

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 gabriele.bartol...@2ndquadrant.it - www.2ndQuadrant.it