Hi all,

somebody please explain what is packaging policy of plpython. Now I see
plpython2u packaged in Fedora and RHEL repositories and plpython3u in
Windows installer by EnterpriseDB.

Why there is such difference and what is advertised way to keep DB servers
in Linux and Windows plpython compatible?

Difference in supported plpython versions for Linux/Windows adds
unnecessary difficulty.

Till now all I managed to google is advice to build required modules by
ourself.

What is the problem to provide both plpython2 and plpython3, or keep same
(2 or 3) plpython available by default on both platforms?

It seems to me, that this policy remains unchanged for 9.2.

Regards,

G.