On 12/10/2015 12:56 PM, oleg yusim wrote:
So what I want to accomplish is logging queries for roles/privileges
with minimal increasing volume of logs along the way. The idea I got
from responses in this thread so far is:

1) Set log_statement on postgresql.conf to 'mod'
2) Raise log_statement to 'all' but only for postgres superuser

What seems to be open questions to me with this model:

1) Way to check what log_statement set to on per user basis (what table
should I query?)
2) Way to ensure that only superuser can run meta commands, such as \du,
\dp, \z

Maybe if you tell us what you hope to achieve, monitoring or access denial and to what purpose, it might be possible to come up with a more complete answer.

Thanks,

Oleg

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:50 PM, David G. Johnston