On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Venkata Balaji N <nag1...@gmail.com> writes:
> > "make" command is generating the following error while compiling
> > postgresql-9.5.3 on Solaris SPARC.
>
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> > symbol                             in file
> > atomic_cas_64                       port/atomics.o
> > atomic_cas_32                       port/atomics.o
>
> Hmm.  Do you get any warnings about references to those functions earlier
> in the build?

I do not see any such similar warnings earlier in the build.

src/include/port/atomics/generic-sunpro.h cites these references
> as authority for believing that those functions exist in Solaris:

Yes, i could see the references mentioned in the above file.

>    http://www.unix.com/man-page/opensolaris/3c/atomic_cas/
>    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1465/atomic-cas-3c.html
>
> I see that the first of those mentions it's for SunOS 5.11 whereas your
> machine says it's 5.10 ... is it possible the functions were new in 5.11?

I am not 100% sure. By the error, what i understand is that for some reason
PostgreSQL version 9.5.x is expecting the SunOS version to be more recent
than 5.10.

We would need to compile PostgreSQL-9.5.3 to upgrade our customer's
production environments. We did not have problems compiling earlier
versions of PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia