On 06/15/2016 08:27 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *David G. Johnston* <david.g.johns...@gmail.com
<mailto:david.g.johns...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to
postgres with runmtk.sh
To: Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgr...@gmail.com
<mailto:maheshpostgr...@gmail.com>>

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Durgamahesh Manne
<maheshpostgr...@gmail.com <mailto:maheshpostgr...@gmail.com>>wrote:

    as per above discussion. i already enabled tcp/ip based access on
    which the server to listen connections from client applications as
    well as already set password for required user

    may i know the recommended approach for migrate the tables from sql
    server to postgesql

    please let me know

​I've helped you all that I can, and I do not respond well to personal
emails asking for help.  Direct all correspondence to the list: it is ok
to CC: people who have already replied.  And, as I said, this is not the
correct forum for your question.  You are using a third-party tool so
they are the ones you should be asking.  In this case they do monitor
these lists and may chime in but as a matter of proper etiquette this
discussion is off-topic for this list.  Specifically it is a request for
help on how to use a specific non-community-PostgreSQL product.

I suspect that "dnsname" is not actually the host name for your
server...if the URL is invalid and you've munged it for email it would
be impossible for us to point out to you how/if that is so.

David J.

sir as per above discussion

conn =jdbc:postgresql://archive.tf.com <http://archive.tf.com>:5432/
<http://archive.trustfort.com:5432/edb>edb

i earlier mentioned the host name of the server (archive.tf.com
<http://archive.tf.com>)

Are you sure?

When I enter archive.tf.com or tf.com in a browser I get:

http://www.cyberfinder.com/

I would:

1) Verify the host name.

2) Then try connecting via a non-JDBC method, say using psql. If that works go to 3), otherwise come back here with information on what you did and how it failed.

3) Then try the migration tool. If that fails contact EDB.

may i know  recommended approach to migrate the tables from sql server
to postgresql instead of using 3rd party tools

thank you

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com