On 06/05/2017 05:59 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:

    Not sure why just know that if I stay within the guidelines it
    works, if I do not its does not work:)

That's fair enough, leaving aside the curiosity part. Usually though the things you can't do just aren't allowed. It's easier to overlook something that you shouldn't (but can) do!

Yes, what you ran into is just a subset of a bigger issue. That being, there are many ways you can dump a database and not get what you wanted on the restore. Another example, that is similar, is using the -n switch to pg_dump when you have cross schema references in the schema you did dump.

Ken

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com