I'm looking to make a DB server for a project I'm working on (using pgsql)
and am wondering if people have suggestions?

Thoughts:

- Hardware:  dual / quad Intel class
- OS:  Prolly FreeBSD (FFS is your friend (what with syncs and all) and it
can do multi proc support
- Disk:  SCSI Raid 1+0
- Ram:  Not really sure here.  Is there math somewhere for ram needs for
pgsql? I imagine is has something to do with # connections,  db size,
etc.

Any people have any comments?

- Brandon

 b. palmer,  [EMAIL PROTECTED]            pgp:crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5