At 04:03 PM 12/01/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> and I believe the the OOP features available in PHP 5, will easily leapfrog over Perl.

As my daddy used to say "twice zero is still a small number" I'm a pretty big OO fan but when I use Perl I don't bother with the OO features once I had looked at them. Comparing an OO feature set to Perl is....interesting :)

Perl still seems to me to much better as a glue between stuff than as something to do the heavy stuff in it's own right. I find Python much more scalable in this respect (and Smalltalk *much* more so), both of which happen to work very well with Postgresql

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend