why not use pgsql-chat, which isn't being used at all right now ... ?

I would suggest that we consider forming a pgsql-competitive email list for

Whatever, but using another mailing is definitely an excellent idea. I actually stopped reading -general recently because it got bogged down in yet another PostgreSQL vs MySQL debate. And the same happens to advocacy too, although less frequently.

Then again this means that whoever moderates -general (is that you Marc?) would have to move PostgreSQL vs MySQL threads to the other mailing list whenever they crop up, otherwise any benefits will be lost.

Cheers.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco