On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Francois Suter wrote:

> > why not use pgsql-chat, which isn't being used at all right now ... ?
> >>
> >> I would suggest that we consider forming a pgsql-competitive email
> >> list for
>
> Whatever, but using another mailing is definitely an excellent idea. I
> actually stopped reading -general recently because it got bogged down
> in yet another PostgreSQL vs MySQL debate. And the same happens to
> advocacy too, although less frequently.
>
> Then again this means that whoever moderates -general (is that you
> Marc?) would have to move PostgreSQL vs MySQL threads to the other
> mailing list whenever they crop up, otherwise any benefits will be
> lost.

actually, nobody "moderates" any of the lists, except for pgsql-www, and
that is only for subscribers ...

What it means is that those that are on this list, if they see a tangent
tread popping up, need to learn to respond to the correct list, CC'ng in
the original poster, so that subsequent responses go to the other list ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664