Gary L. Burnore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I'm posting to a USENet group.  I shouldn't be receiving an email from
> the list.  If the groups had been generated as MODERATED newsgroups,
> my post wouldn't hit MY spool, then go to HIS server for some
> approval, later to appear a second time and AFTER I receive this
> STUPID message in email.
>
> Of course, he doesn't CARE.

Just think about how easy it would be for a forging troll to mailbomb
anyone he wanted to by flooding the newsgroup with posts under the victim's
spoofed e-mail address. This system is too vulnerable to abuse. The groups
should be moderated, for one. Second, Marc needs to decide whether he wants
the groups to be in pgsql.*, *or* comp.* ... not both. The lists and gating
methods should all be explained in detail on the final RFD, so they appear
on the CFV.

--
Bill