Good day,

excuse me, if my question is lame, but is it possible to get some simplified access to the PostgreSQL?

What I mean is: currently to get/put/delete/edit any data I have to compose an SQL query, which should be parsed, compiled, optimized and so on. While, in some tasks simple interface a-la [G|N]DBM should be more than enough, but it will be more preferable to store all data in one database, which support concurrent access, transactions, etc.

For example, let me have some textual data in PostgreSQL, and let me wish to have an inverted index for some statistical analyses purpose (for example, search, but without using tsearch2). For now, to make any operations with all that data, I have to use an SQL, which makes such thing really slow (take a look at sql-mode mnogosearch and others).
Yes, I can store all that data outside the db, but I will have to reinvent all the features, which realized great in PostgreSQL (for example, recovery, transactions) and I will get harder administrative support, backup and so on.

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
/Alexandre.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend