Tom Lane wrote:
"Florian G. Pflug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

So - does "tuple concurrently updated" make sense for "analyze"?

Yeah, it's entirely possible, if you have a background process that might issue analyzes too (do you use autovacuum?). The error comes when two sessions concurrently try to update the same row in pg_statistic. I've looked at preventing it, but the cure seems worse than the disease --- we don't really want ANALYZE to take any strong locks on the table, and in any case all you are losing is presumably-near-duplicate stats from one session or the other.

Hm... could this be turned into a warning then? I'll fix this by ignoring db-errors when issuing analyze, but I belive this will bite more people...

Anyway, thanks for your fast reply - I'll sleep much better,
now that I know the cause for this ;-)

greetings, Florian Pflug