Robin Boerdijk wrote:
Why would
this web/database server be limited to using only one connection?

No it wouldn't. I misunderstood your question. It's one process/one connection. If you don't use Apache as a multi-threaded server, then your question makes more sense. Still, it's a lot of work to make it happen and I'm not sure you'd gain anything. My advice would be to consider a multi-threaded server that uses a connection pool and perhaps include some shared caching of data that is more static in nature in the middle tier. That could really save some context switches.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend