On Nov 16, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 14:19:28 -0500,
  Vivek Khera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

if they're poking around the process table, just change the name of
the postmaster executable and the socket it creates to "johnsdb" or
some such.

I think you need to be careful with that. The last time I checked, postmaster checked what name it was running under and behaved differently depending
on what it was called.

well obviously you would have to take that into account when renaming... :-)

in my head I had thought of it but just didn't type it out....

      match