Dave Page a écrit :
The code is written, and is good as far as we are aware, but has not been
through a beta/release cycle yet.

OK, that's already pretty good then.
Are there binary releases available ?

Is there a simple replication solution for windows then ? Or will I have to stop the master postgresql at night to pgdump and pgrestore on the backup server ?

You don't need to stop the master server to pg_dump (in fact, it won't work if
you do). On the slave, you can just drop the DBs and pg_restore them.
PITR is another solution you might consider.

It looks quite harder to script though... But I'll consider it as a better solution.

Might be better if the users know they are being switched over - that way they
will know to check for lost transactions etc. If you're using an ODBC app,
consider using a separate DSN for the live and backup servers - similar
solutions would apply to other interfaces of course.

There are no critical transactions here.
If the DB server fails and users are switched over to a backup server with data of the day before, it is just fine.
Losing 1/2 of work is OK, but not working for 4 days is not.

So I might just write a script so that the person in charge when I am away can run it and alert everyone.

--
Arnaud