Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
Well, to answer my own question, I hacked the source code of DBMail and had it set the client encoding to LATIN1 immediately after database connect, this seems to have fixed the problem.

LATIN1 != UTF-8. Your problem isn't solved yet.

You should either tell your client to use UTF-8 or alter your database to use LATIN1.

--
Alban Hertroys
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

magproductions b.v.