Guido Neitzer wrote:

So they don't contain line feeds or carriage returns and so the can't be multi-line. If a mail client sends multi line subjects it does something against the RFC and I assume with that, it does something wrong.

This is the theory in RFC 2822 as far as I understand it.

I think he referred to a long subject line being "folded" as per section 2.2.3 of rfc2822.

--
bkw