On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

Marc Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
What insert command is being issued exactly, and from what source?  I'm
speculating about issues like stale plans or metadata caches, but you're
not providing any information about where to look.

Sorry for being terse Tom. Here is the exact commands and responses:

Hmph.  You got any ON INSERT triggers or rules on that table?  I can't
think of anything else that would interfere with data getting stored.

No INSERT triggers. I do have a BEFORE DELETE trigger, and a pile of FOREIGN KEY items (which work kinda like an INSERT trigger).

- Marc