Thomas Hallgren pisze:
Hi,
This sounds great. Sorry for not being responsive on the pgsql-general. I'll read up on this thread during the weekend. Short term, this is what I think needs to be done:

1. Create a PL/Java 1.4 from current CVS. It compiles and runs with PostgreSQL 8.2.
2. Do whatever it takes to make PL/Java run with 8.3.
3. When 8.3 is released, verify that everything is really ok, then a 1.5 release should come out.

After that, there are improvements in the Java domain. We should support Java 1.5 for instance. 1.4 is soon starting its End Of Life cycle.
We should support 1.6 (I'm using it with pljava without problems - however I'm not using all new features of Java 6).

Would you like to become committers to the PL/Java project?

You can count on me (only as Java coder or tester).

Regards,
Marek

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend