On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Alexander Korotkov <
a.korot...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> The problem is that it's hard to read arbitrary formatted psql output from
> external program (not just gnuplot, but even especially written script).  I
> made my scripts read few variations, but it doesn't look feasible to read
> all the combinations.  For sure, it's possible to set format options inside
> macro, but then it would affect psql format options after execution.
>
> This is why I think only one \graw option is just fine, because it
> produces stable machine-readable output.

Oh, I just get that in current state of \graw doesn't produce good
machine-readable output.

# select '|', '|' \graw

Column separator is character which can occur in values, and values aren't
escaped.  Thus, reader can't correctly divide values between columns in all
the cases.  So, I would rather like to see \graw to output in csv format
with proper escaping.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company