On 2021/12/16 11:53, kuroda.hay...@fujitsu.com wrote:
Dear Fujii-san,

Thank you for updating! I read your patches and I have
only one comment.

                        if (strcmp(keywords[i], "application_name") == 0 &&
                                values[i] != NULL && *(values[i]) != '\0')

I'm not sure but do we have a case that values[i] becomes NULL
even if keywords[i] is "application_name"?

No for now, I guess. But isn't it safer to check that, too? I also could not
find strong reason why that check should be dropped. But you'd like to drop
that?

I think other parts are perfect.

Thanks for the review! At first I pushed 0001 patch.

BTW, 0002 patch adds the regression test that checks
pg_stat_activity.application_name. But three months before, we added the
similar test when introducing postgres_fdw.application_name GUC and
reverted/removed it because it's not stable [1]. So we should review carefully
whether the test 0002 patch adds may have the same issue or not. As far as I
read the patch, ISTM that the patch has no same issue. But could you double
check that?

[1]
https://postgr.es/m/848ff477-effd-42b9-8b25-3f7cfe289...@oss.nttdata.com

Fujii Masao