On Thursday, January 6, 2022 12:17 PM Tang, Haiying/唐 海英
<tanghy.f...@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Thanks for updating the patch. Here are some comments:
Thank you for your review !

> 1)
> +     /*
> +      * We would not be here unless this subscription's disableonerr field
> was
> +      * true when our worker began applying changes, but check whether
> that
> +      * field has changed in the interim.
> +      */
> +     if (!subform->subdisableonerr)
> +     {
> +             /*
> +              * Disabling the subscription has been done already. No need
> of
> +              * additional work.
> +              */
> +             heap_freetuple(tup);
> +             table_close(rel, RowExclusiveLock);
> +             CommitTransactionCommand();
> +             return;
> +     }
>
> I don't understand what does "Disabling the subscription has been done
> already"
> mean, I think we only run here when subdisableonerr is changed in the interim.
> Should we modify this comment? Or remove it because there are already some
> explanations before.
Removed. The description you pointed out was redundant.

> 2)
> +     /* Set the subscription to disabled, and note the reason. */
> +     values[Anum_pg_subscription_subenabled - 1] =
> BoolGetDatum(false);
> +     replaces[Anum_pg_subscription_subenabled - 1] = true;
>
> I didn't see the code corresponding to "note the reason". Should we modify the
> comment?
Fixed the comment by removing the part.
We come here when an error occurred and the reason is printed as log
so no need to note more reason.

> 3)
> +     bool            disableonerr;   /* Whether errors automatically
> disable */
>
> This comment is hard to understand. Maybe it can be changed to:
>
> Indicates if the subscription should be automatically disabled when
> subscription workers detect any errors.
Agreed. Fixed.

Kindly have a look at the attached v16.

Best Regards,