On 29.03.22 15:09, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
Hi hackers,

I took another look at the patchset. Personally I don't think it will get much
better than it is now. I'm inclined to change the status of the CF entry to
"Ready for Committer" unless anyone disagrees.

About v25-0002-Use-64-bit-format-to-output-XIDs.patch:
I don't see the point of applying this now. It doesn't make PG15 any
better. It's just a patch part of which we might need later.

AFAICT, this patch provides no actual functionality change, so holding
it a bit for early in the PG16 cycle wouldn't lose anything.

OK. As I understand we still have a consensus that v30-0001 (SLRU refactoring,
not the XID formatting) is targeting PG15, so I changed the CF entry to
"Ready for Committer" for this single patch. I rechecked it again on the
current `master` branch without the other patches and it is OK. cfbot is happy
with the patchset as well.

That isn't really what I meant.  When I said

> At this point, I'm more concerned that code review is still finding
> bugs, and that we have no test coverage for any of this

this meant especially the SLRU refactoring patch.