On 3/28/22 10:09 PM, Nathan Bossart wrote:
On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 04:30:27PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:

On a once-over of the rest of the code, I definitely like how much we're
able to simplify things in this area and remove various hacks in things
like pg_basebackup and pg_rewind where we previously had to worry about
backup_label and tablespace_map files being in a live data directory.
I'm planning to spend more time on this and hopefully be able to get it
in for v15.

Great!  Much appreciated.

Minor typo in the docs:

+        * capable of doing an online backup, but exclude then just in case.

Should be:

capable of doing an online backup, but exclude them just in case.

-David
da...@pgmasters.net