On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 8:00 PM Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Here comes v70:

One thing I just noticed while peeking at pg_stat_slru:

The stats_reset column for my newly initdb'd cluster is showing me
"2000-01-01 00:00:00" (v15).  I was expecting null, though a non-null value
restriction does make sense.  Neither choice is documented though.

Based upon my expectation I checked to see if v14 reported null, and thus
this was a behavior change.  v14 reports the initdb timestamp (e.g.,
2022-04-13 23:26:48.349115+00)

Can we document the non-null aspect of this value (pg_stat_database is
happy being null, this seems to be a "fixed" type behavior) but have it
continue to report initdb as its initial value?

David J.