Hi,

On 4/4/22 2:19 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 4/4/22 12:33, Andres Freund wrote:

It can, as Jaime's original post showed.

But on further consideration I'm thinking this area needs some rework.
ISTM that it might be a whole lot simpler and comprehensible to generate
the json first without bothering about null values or duplicate keys and
then in the finalizer check for null values to be skipped and duplicate
keys. That way we would need to keep far less state for the aggregation
functions, although it might be marginally less efficient. Thoughts?

This is still on the open items list[1]. Given this is a user-triggerable crash and we are approaching PG15 Beta 1, I wanted to check in and see if there was any additional work required to eliminate the crash, or if the work at this point is just optimization.

If the latter, I'd suggest we open up a new open item for it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_15_Open_Items