On 2022-Nov-15, Nathan Bossart wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 10:31:44AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > The surrounding code has changed a bit between PG15 and master, so if we
> > wanted to backpatch this, we'd need another patch from you.  However, at
> > this point, I'm content to just leave it be in PG15.
>
> Sounds good to me.

Hmm, really?  It seems to me that we will have two slightly different
behaviors in 15 and master, which may be confusing later on.  I think
it'd be better to make them both work identically.

"Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability
and continuity, the company should be independent of the competence of
individual employees."                                      (E. Dijkstra)