On 17.01.2023 at 02:05, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
Or maybe the right way is to set a mode at the very top,
the first apply-templates call, and not mess with the
built-in templates at all.  (You'd write your own
"postgres-mode" templates the same way, to "wrap"
and call the default templates.)

Think of the mode as an implicit argument that's preserved and
passed down through each template invocation without having to
be explicitly specified by the calling code.

I think the document you're missing is [1].

There are multiple ways to customize DocBook XSL output and it sounds
like you want me to write a customization layer which I didn't do
because there is precedent that the typical "way to do it" (TM) in the
PostgreSQL project is [2].

Regards,

Brar

[1] http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomizingPart.html