On 4/18/23 9:19 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 11:52 AM Michael Paquier <mich...@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 03:40:14PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
+1 for getting rid of TRUST_STRXFRM.

+1

The situation is not improving fast, and requires hard work to follow
on each OS.  Clearly, mainstreaming ICU is the way to go.  libc
support will always have niche uses, to be compatible with other
software on the box, but trusting strxfrm doesn't seem to be on the
cards any time soon.

[RMT hat, personal opinion on RMT]

To be clear, is the proposal to remove both "check_strxfrm_bug" and "TRUST_STRXFRM"?

Given a bunch of folks who have expertise in this area of code all agree with removing the above as part of the collation cleanups targeted for v16, I'm inclined to agree. I don't really see the need for an explicit RMT action, but based on the consensus this seems OK to add as an open item.

Thanks,

Jonathan