On 27.06.23 17:54, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
However, the docs
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/regress-tap.html#REGRESS-TAP-VARS)
say "If the environment variable PG_TEST_NOCLEAN is set", not "is set to
a true value", and the existing test in PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster's END
block is:

        # skip clean if we are requested to retain the basedir
        next if defined $ENV{'PG_TEST_NOCLEAN'};
So the original `not defined` test is consistent with that.

Right, the usual style is just to check whether an environment variable is set to something, not what it is.

Also note that in general not all environment variables are processed by Perl, so I would avoid encoding Perl semantics about what is "true" or whatever into it.