On 05.09.23 18:24, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2023-Sep-05, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

The following information schema views are affected by the not-null
constraint catalog entries:

1. CHECK_CONSTRAINTS
2. CONSTRAINT_COLUMN_USAGE
3. DOMAIN_CONSTRAINTS
4. TABLE_CONSTRAINTS

Note that 1 and 3 also contain domain constraints.

After looking at what happens for domain constraints in older versions
(I tested 15, but I suppose this applies everywhere), I notice that we
don't seem to handle them anywhere that I can see.  My quick exercise is
just

create domain nnint as int not null;
create table foo (a nnint);

and then verify that this constraint shows nowhere -- it's not in
DOMAIN_CONSTRAINTS for starters, which is I think the most obvious place.
And nothing is shown in CHECK_CONSTRAINTS nor TABLE_CONSTRAINTS either.

This did ever work in the past?  I tested with 9.3 and didn't see
anything there either.

No, this was never implemented. (As I wrote in my other message on the other thread, arguably a bit buggy.) We could fix this separately, unless we are going to implement catalogued domain not-null constraints soon.