On 19.09.23 09:01, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
While testing this, I noticed that the way the check_clause of regular check constraints is computed appears to be suboptimal.  It currently does

CAST(substring(pg_get_constraintdef(con.oid) from 7) AS character_data)

which ends up with an extra set of parentheses, which is ignorable, but it also leaves in suffixes like "NOT VALID", which don't belong into that column.  Earlier in this thread I had contemplated a fix for the first issue, but that wouldn't address the second issue.  I think we can fix this quite simply by using pg_get_expr() instead.  I don't know why it wasn't done like that to begin with, maybe it was just a (my?) mistake.  See attached patch.

committed