On 22/5/2023 22:59, reid.thomp...@crunchydata.com wrote:
Attach patches updated to master.
Pulled from patch 2 back to patch 1 a change that was also pertinent to patch 1.
+1 to the idea, have doubts on the implementation.

I have a question. I see the feature triggers ERROR on the exceeding of the memory limit. The superior PG_CATCH() section will handle the error. As I see, many such sections use memory allocations. What if some routine, like the CopyErrorData(), exceeds the limit, too? In this case, we could repeat the error until the top PG_CATCH(). Is this correct behaviour? Maybe to check in the exceeds_max_total_bkend_mem() for recursion and allow error handlers to slightly exceed this hard limit?

Also, the patch needs to be rebased.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov