On 30/11/2023 15:00, Alena Rybakina wrote:
2. The second patch is my patch version when I moved the OR transformation in the s index formation stage:

So, I got the best query plan despite the possible OR to ANY transformation:

If the user uses a clause like "x IN (1,2) AND y=100", it will break your 'good' solution. In my opinion, the general approach here is to stay with OR->ANY transformation at the parsing stage and invent one more way for picking an index by looking into the array and attempting to find a compound index. Having a shorter list of expressions, where uniform ORs are grouped into arrays, the optimizer will do such work with less overhead.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov