On 5/12/2023 10:46, Nathan Bossart wrote:
I don't presently have any concrete plans to use this for anything, but I
thought it might be useful for extensions for caching, etc. and wanted to
see whether there was any interest in the feature.

I am delighted that you commenced this thread.
Designing extensions, every time I feel pain introducing one shared value or some global stat, the extension must be required to be loadable on startup only. It reduces the flexibility of even very lightweight extensions, which look harmful to use in a cloud.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov