On 2024-01-26 Fr 15:17, Tom Lane wrote:
Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> writes:
I don't know, maybe I have a problem with the described use case. I cannot
imagine holding the body and head of PL routines in different places and I
don't understand the necessity to join it.
It seems a little weird to me too, and I would vote against accepting
\create_function as described because I think too few people would
want to use it.  However, the idea of an easy way to pull in a file
and convert it to a SQL literal seems like it has many applications.

Yes, this proposal is far too narrow and would not cater for many use cases I have had in the past.

I like your ideas upthread about \file_read and :{filename}

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan