Andrey,

I think this phrase is outdated: "This function can optionally accept a
timestamp used instead of current time.This allows implementation of k-way
sotable identifiers."
This phrase is wrong: "Both functions return a version 4 (random) UUID."
For this phrase the reason is unclear and the phrase is most likely incorrect:
if large batches of UUIDs are generated at the+   same time it's possible that
some UUIDs will store a time that is slightly later+   than their actual
generation time

Sergey Prokhorenko

sergeyprokhore...@yahoo.com.au

    On Tuesday, 30 January 2024 at 09:55:04 am GMT+3, Andrey M. Borodin
<x4...@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2024, at 01:38, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postg...@jeltef.nl> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I liked the feature to generate UUIDv7 based on timestamp too.
> But following the spec seems more important than a nice feature to me.

PFA v15. Changes: removed timestamp argument, incorporated Jelte’s
documentation addons.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.