On 16.03.24 18:43, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:
On 15 Mar 2024, at 14:47, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksan...@timescale.com> wrote:

+1 to the idea. I doubt that anyone will miss it.

PFA v22.

Changes:
1. Squashed all editorialisation by Jelte
2. Fixed my erroneous comments on using Method 2 (we are using method 1 instead)
3. Remove all traces of uuid_extract_variant()

I have committed a subset of this for now, namely the additions of uuid_extract_timestamp() and uuid_extract_version(). These seemed mature and agreed upon. You can rebase the rest of your patch on top of that.

I have started a separate discussion to learn about the precision we can expect from gettimeofday().