On 02.05.24 17:23, David G. Johnston wrote:
Version 2 attached.  Still a draft, focused on topic picking and overall structure.  Examples and links planned plus the usual semantic markup stuff.

I chose to add a new sect1 in the user guide (The SQL Language) chapter, "Data".

Please, let's not.

A stylistic note: "null" is an adjective. You can talk about a "null value" or a value "is null". These are lower-cased (or maybe title-cased). You can use upper-case when referring to SQL syntax elements (in which case also tag it with something like <literal>), and also to the C-language symbol (tagged with <symbol>). We had recently cleaned this up, so I think the rest of the documentation should be pretty consistent about this.