On Sat, May 18, 2024 at 7:27 PM Josef Šimánek <josef.sima...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> pá 17. 5. 2024 v 8:09 odesílatel Yasir <yasir.hussain.s...@gmail.com>
> napsal:
> >
> > Hi Hackers,
> >
> > I have been playing with PG on the Windows platform recently. An
> annoying thing I faced is that a lot of Visual Studio's temp files kept
> appearing in git changed files. Therefore, I am submitting this very
> trivial patch to ignore these temp files.
>
> see
> https://docs.github.com/en/get-started/getting-started-with-git/ignoring-files#configuring-ignored-files-for-all-repositories-on-your-computer
> for various strategies
>
> Anyway if those are not files specific to your setup (like editor
> ones), but files which every PG hacker on Windows will generate as
> well (which is this case IMHO), it will make sense to add it into
> project's gitignore.

.vs directory and temp files within it are created once you open any of the
.sln, .vcproj or .vcxproj files (created with build command when PWD is
postgres/src/tools/msvc) in visual studio. It's a common practice that
developers use visual studio on codebase as it's mostly the default c/c++
files/projects editor.
So, it would be a common case for most of the developers with Windows
platform to add it in project's .gitignore.