On 18.06.24 13:43, Ranier Vilela wrote:
But I would like to see more const char * where this is possible.

For example, in pg_locale.c
IMO, the token variable can be const char *.

At least strchr expects a const char * as the first parameter.

This would not be future-proof. In C23, if you pass a const char * into strchr(), you also get a const char * as a result. And in this case, we do write into the area pointed to by the result. So with a const char *token, this whole thing would not compile cleanly under C23.

I found another implementation of strsep, it seems lighter to me.
I will attach it for consideration, however, I have not done any testing.

Yeah, surely there are many possible implementations. I'm thinking, since we already took other str*() functions from OpenBSD, it makes sense to do this here as well, so we have only one source to deal with.